It’s been five days since the big event in Las Vegas and we are still beaming 🙂 We could not be more grateful for the outpouring of support from the diecast community. Folks from all around the world came to celebrate their fellow nominees on Thursday night, which helped make the evening even more special.
Proudly displayed at the front of the House of Blues were the 20 models nominated as Model of the Year for the different scales –
As well as work by the nominated customizers –
And design sheets from the nominated diecast designers –
And don’t forget the awesome M2 Machines that were part of the attendee goody bag –
If you didn’t get one, there are still a few left for sale at the new Diecast Hall of Fame store.
At a little past 10pm, Christian Braun (DHOF Chairman) kicked off the ceremony by explaining the exciting changes that the Diecast Hall of Fame underwent this year including –
- The addition of three new scales – 1:43, 1:24, and 1:18
- New groups of awards – Models of the Year and Brands of the Year
- Greater international presence – 1/3 of the selection committee and 20% of the nominees were from outside of the United States
- More community support – the event now has 65 new community supporters including Diecast Society, Diecast X, HobbyTalk, Scale143.com and Scale18.com
- The largest voter turnout yet – With 2,381 votes in 2017, the Diecast Hall of Fame vote count grew by 150% percent over 2016
Christian then handed the mic off to event MC Andy Goodman, who announced the official inductees to this year’s Diecast Hall of Fame. See the 2017 Class list here.
The rest of the evening was spent toasting and celebrating another exciting and successful year of the DHOF.
We couldn’t have done this event without the support of our amazing sponsors –
Until next time, cheers to a fabulous event and thank you again to everyone for all the love! We hope to see you next year.