Diecast Hall of Fame Selection Process
We’re switching things up a bit at the Diecast Hall of Fame! To begin the selection process, we asked you to nominate your favorite diecast legends. Anyone who you think should be recognized for their outstanding contributions to our community. Nominations were made for the following categories –
- Automotive Legend – Those within the industry who have set the bar so high and achieved such success and accolades as to be considered premier automotive legends through design or deed
- Collector of the Year – Those who embody the spirit of the hobby; a dedicated collector who gives back to the community, helps strengthen and grow the hobby and is an all-round diecast star.
- Customizer or Designer – Those who have taken the art of diecast collecting to a new level in their design efforts
- Diecast Entrepreneur – Those who have made a successful living while improving the Industry for the collector
- Diecast Historian – Those who have continued to share their knowledge of the hobby and industry whether in print or on the web digitally with audio, video or static representation
Models issued in the last 12 months –
- Small Scale (up to 1/64 Scale)
- 1/43 Scale
- 1/24th Scale
- Large Scale (1/18th Scale and Larger)
- Novice Model Brand of the Year
- Automotive Brand of the Year
- Diecast Dealer of the Year
The nomination process is now closed, so the Selection Committee can review all submissions.
The “People” category winners will be decided by the committee and will be announced at the event in November. Past inductees proposed this method as they felt it would level the playing field.
The Committee will also pre-select up to top five nominations per brand and model category. You’ll then be able to vote on your favorite brands and models later on this Spring!
The winners will be announced at the event in November, so be sure to get your tickets here! As a reminder, all net proceeds will be going to There With Care, a charity that helps families who have children with critical illness. Read the full announcement here.
If you’re interested in becoming a Diecast Hall of Fame Partner, please contact us.