Don’t miss out on your chance to nominate you favorite diecast legends, models, and brands for the 2017 Diecast Hall of Fame! Nominations will close at 11:59PM Mountain Time tonight!
As a reminder, you can nominate anyone who you think should be recognized for their outstanding contributions to our community. We’re looking for nominations for the following categories –
- Automotive Legend – Those within the industry who have set the bar so high and achieved such success and accolades as to be considered premier automotive legends through design or deed
- Collector of the Year – Those who embody the spirit of the hobby; a dedicated collector who gives back to the community, helps strengthen and grow the hobby and is an all-round diecast star.
- Customizer or Designer – Those who have taken the art of diecast collecting to a new level in their design efforts
- Diecast Entrepreneur – Those who have made a successful living while improving the Industry for the collector
- Diecast Historian – Those who have continued to share their knowledge of the hobby and industry whether in print or on the web digitally with audio, video or static representation
Models issued in the last 12 months –
- Small Scale (up to 1/64 Scale)
- 1/43 Scale
- 1/24th Scale
- Large Scale (1/18th Scale and Larger)
- Novice Model Brand of the Year
- Automotive Brand of the Year
- Diecast Dealer of the Year
You may be wondering what happens after the nominations close –
On Monday, May 22, the Selection Committee will review all submissions. The “People” category winners will be decided by the committee and will be announced at the event in November. Past inductees proposed this method as they felt it would level the playing field.
The Committee will pre-select the top five nominations per brand and model category. You’ll then be able to vote on your favorite brands and models later on this Spring!
To read more about the Selection Committee, click here.
Don’t forget that all net proceeds from the Diecast Hall of Fame will be going to a charity that is near and dear to our hearts called There With Care, so be sure to get your tickets today! Read the full announcement here.